If you are of the philosophy in order to have something done right you need to do it yourself, you may want to pre-plan and write your own obituary. Writing about yourself can be difficult but just think how stressful it will be for your loved ones during an emotional loss.
Here are some things to consider when you write your own obituary:
- What significant points of your life do you want people to know about (awards, schools, employment, etc.)
- Places of residence. If you moved from another state should your obituary be listed in another geographic area?
- Is there a nickname that you use?
- Who do you want listed as surviving family members? Will a beloved pet be mentioned?
- Would you like to make a memorial donation suggestion for a charitable organization?
For more suggestions go to http://www.obituaryguide.com/