Holidays are a time for getting together with those you love. It’s a time to look back fondly on all of the special laughter, the joy, the tears, and the sadness.
When you lose a loved one, it doesn’t matter if they passed away last month or many years ago, the sorrow can be even more intense during this season. It’s only natural to be sad when you miss someone you love.
If you feel overwhelmed by the holidays, it may help to:
- Spend time alone doing something you enjoy such as returning to a favorite hobby.
- Share memories of your loved one with others who also experienced the loss
- Create new family traditions such as changing the location of your celebration or making a donation to a charity in memory of your loved one.
- Forgo a celebration and take time for your healing.
- Visit your loved one’s grave.
As you go through this season, please remember that our Cemeteries and Memorial Parks are sacred spaces and healing places. Our staff is here to assist you and our gates are open every day. Please do not hesitate to call us or to stop by. CMS Mid-Atlantic, Inc.